Ethics Review

At first, as I was looking at the globalisation and British influence (through colonial times to present day) on the design and advertising of Uganda. This could have been seen as a one sided view which was influenced by my own observations and wouldn't have actually taken into account other points of view.

After narrowing down my topic to look at tourism design in Uganda, the focus is now on sympathetic design so therefore I don't personally feel that the research or outcomes could offend or affect anyone. This is because the entire point of the research for the essay is to discuss how design can be sympathetic to both the Ugandan national identity, culture and people and also the tourists who are visiting to experience this culture. As the tourists have already chosen to visit Uganda, they are already showing an interest in the culture and therefore the point of my research project is to find what is needed for design to enhance the touristic experience in terms of the authentic expression of the Ugandan culture.

I have to keep in mind while writing the essay and producing the practical element that the focus remains on sympathetic design and does not become too influenced by my own experiences and opinions.

Wednesday 4 December 2013 by Andrea Hannah Cooper
Categories: , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply