First Product - Hand Painted Signage

I've now made the first product for the brand, which was to take the logo and apply it to a wooden sign and paint it by hand. This is a way of replicating the Ugandan production methods and would tie the brand in closer to the aesthetics of the Crows Nest premises closer than if the sign had been printed.

This was the production method:

I started by choosing between one of these 4 options for the layout of the sign:




 This was the one I chose as I think it works best as signage out of the options:


I printed it out A3 size, and managed to get a piece of mdf from woodwork, then brought it home and traced over the back of the print out:


I then tacked this down to the wood and pressed pencil lead over the front to transfer the outline onto the mdf:


Transferred outline:


Painting process:



After 2 and a bit coats of paint it's finished!!




Friday 10 January 2014 by Andrea Hannah Cooper
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply